Monday, May 18, 2015

First full day in Aberdeen

Four seasons in one day.  Sunny morning, heavy rain in middle of the day and now it is cloudy and quite cool.

First full day :
Many technical challenges, a couple of disasters, yummy food and a treat tonight.

Challenges and disasters. Please laugh

Turning on the shower!  Almost had to take a cold one
Open the window but how does it close?
Cereal packet ... Spilled the small pack all over the floor
Tea... At breakfast.  First cup fine, second cup I picked up the coffee in error and yes poured it over the tea bag
Dropped my iPad mini and while it works and cover is slightly smashed
Can't take photos so am now considering a camera

High points

Walked to the beach... A very long way in heavy rain
Enjoyed sausages, eggs, tomato, toast and hot chocolate
A lovely young man installed my 4G SIM card
Found a terrific second hand bookshop.  Bought 2 kids books for 70p
Spent half an hour in the children's library.  Lovely, large, light filled, well stocked space. I read two Katie Morag books.  They had an Elmer floor rug.
I went into a little coffee shop and the lady called me m'dear so charming
M&S food hall is a delight.  Soup and sandwiches tonight and a large mince pie
Washing all done for free, even the powder was free and such a clean space.  This hotel / serviced apartment is very impressive.

Treat

Tickets for Wicked tonight

Sorry I can't add photos.  I will send them in an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment