Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Aberdeen it is Spring



It took a long time to get here... 34 hours of total travel time but I have not stopped smiling.

As I walked back from my first city exploration the church bells chimed at the Kirk.

My hotel is quite near the main part of the city and unbelievably very close to the city library which I plan to visit tomorrow. Near the library is a lion statue like the one in the new Margaret Wild book.  I took a photo but it turned out to be of my finger. I will try again tomorrow.
I found Marks and Spencer with their huge food hall. I have Kent strawberries and clotted cream for tonight.  I also had to buy a new watch.  Mine just couldn't handle all those time zone changes.

This morning when I arrived in Frankfurt I was able to use the business lounge for a shower.... Bliss.

I am enjoying the Scottish voices.  The taxi driver was terrific.  Aberdeen has 250,000 people.  I will walk to see the beach tomorrow.  It is not cold so far but I was caught in a brief rain shower.  I haven't seen anyone with an umbrella.

I adore tulips.  How lovely to see them today.  This park has a huge statue of William Wallace.






No comments:

Post a Comment